Define the mood and stylize your films with creative color grading.
In this Masterclass you are about to gain a much deeper understanding of the unique tools and color grading techniques that you can start using right away. You’ll discover skills and workflows that will help you to delve more deeply in not just how to perform the adjustments but why you make them in the first place, so that you can conduct more direct control over the color grading process. You’ll learn everything from how to evaluate and adjust color and contrast in your clips, to balancing the scene and matching the shots, all the way to color grading and stylization techniques that will help to transform your films and make them stand out.
Tools & techniques you can use on any project
This includes short family films, personal and client projects, online content, business promos.
50+ lessons on COLOR GRADING
Over 3 hours of video lessons teaching you advanced skills related to color grading
Submit your color graded film for a serious critique from our Masterclass teacher with a specific, individually recorded critique.
more about the masterclass
In anticipation of the release, you'll be getting some cool stuff in your inbox starting the first week of September. Be on a lookout for an email from us, because we’ll be sending you a link to a FREE 3-PART VIDEO SERIES where you’ll learn a bunch of color grading techniques that you can start using right away.
here is just a sample of what you'll learn in "transform your films with advanced color grading"
- Break up your project into 5 actionable parts to streamline your color grading process
- Make your work stronger by understanding how we see color
- Discover the key color grading tools to form color correction decisions faster
- Fix poorly exposed clips and clips with color casts
- Analyze shots quickly and deal with excessive noise in underexposed clips
- Apply principles of contrast and color to add depth and visual interest
- Achieve true-to-life looks when working with skies and foliage
- Color correct for appealing skin tones
- Master secondary color correction techniques
- Develop workflow for balancing clips in a scene for cohesive shot matching and continuity
- Correct changes in exposure and hue shifts
- Discover stylized looks to set a proper mood to your films
- Emulate film stocks
- Follow along through the whole process with the live color grading workshop
- Mix and match customizable techniques for your own unique looks and effects
Frequently asked questions
Get answers to common questions about Transform Your Films with Advanced Color Grading
Is Transform Your Films with Advanced Color Grading right for me?
Students who enroll in a Masterclass must have an active membership in the FilmingLife Academy and a solid understanding of the basics of filming with your camera. The techniques will take you from the very basics of color grading all the way through advanced concepts.
Do I need to be online at certain times?
Each course in the membership plan is self paced, which means you can log on at anytime, from anywhere, and work through the lessons at your own pace. You’ll get instant access to everything in the course and can go through the training on any device — desktop, laptop, tablet or even phone. Q&A's run during set times, but if you are unable to attend you can still view the discussions that happened afterwards.
What photography skill level do I need to be at when I join the Masterclass?
To join a Masterclass you must have completed at least 3 family films (either your own family or a client) before joining.
which editing software can i use?
The Masterclass focuses on using the tool sets in Premiere Pro, but you can use any editing software to follow along with this course. It’s almost important to see the idea behind the general approaches than it is to get a specific step-by-step list of instructions. Whether it’s Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or any other program, make sure you know it well enough to move around with confidence.
ready to start learning?
Enroll in the Academy and get instant access to the FilmingLife Academy Core Curriculum.